I would like to thank WCS Poetry — Food For The Heart (Bill) for nominating me to participate in this most fascinating award. Bill is the ultimate romantic poet of our century. With exquisite finesse and grasp of the limits and range of nuance, he plunges his readers into the depths of human emotion. Everybody should stop reading now and head straight to his blog.
“The Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
So, that is how the creator of this award, Okoto Enigma, describes it. For more, see her blog at: http://www.okotoenigmasblog.com.
Here are the Rules:
1) Thank whoever nominated you and include link to their blog.
2) Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
3) Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
4) Personally nominate 5-10 bloggers you feel deserve the award. Please don’t blanket nominate…it diminishes its value in honoring the blogger.
6) Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny one.
7) Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
And now, to the questions from Bill:
1. If not writing, what would be your next favourite thing to do?
Thinking about my writing.
2. If you could travel to any destination tomorrow, where would that be?
The United States of America.
3. How did you come to write in the style you currently post?
I can’t say. I do not actually write in a specific style. It does vary a bit, depending on what the mind wants to do.
4. If given the chance to influence a world event, what would that be?
I would say the migration crisis. But, of course, this would involve influencing a host of other variables such as economic development, contending with despots, generosity of destination countries, stopping nations from using other places to fight their proxy wars, and (more controversially, perhaps) people’s aspirations.
5. When you read another’s writing, and assess it to be impactful, what is it about that work that causes you to feel that way?
I decided when embarking on this exercise, whatever subject matter the last question entails, that I would refrain from answering it. This is a Mystery Blogger Award, after all. I believe it is incumbent upon me to live up to its name, and allow some things to remain a mystery. 🙂
I was going to nominate Bill, who nominated me, for purposes of cross-pollination, but I am not sure whether that is permitted. So, my victims shall be
1. John Poet Flanagan johnpoetflanagan.com
2. Norbert Haupt norberthaupt.com
3. Foresting My Cloud forresting365.com
4. Sundaram Chauhan sundaramchauhanwrites.com
5. Ancient Skies nicodemasplusthree.wordpress.com
My questions for them are as follows:
1. Why do you write?
2. What person from your past would you like to see again?
3. What is your favourite eye colour?
4. What are some of your worst guilty pleasures?
5. What are your favourite pyjamas?
I’d like to emphasise that nobody is obligated to take part in this activity.
Many thanks again to Bill for this chance to open up.